Can I request an invitation letter for ATLAS?
I need to issue permits or carry out other procedures in order to be able to attend ATLAS
Of course, just ask for it at firstname.lastname@example.org
Are there any ATLAS Scholarships?
We have 3 scholarship programs:
(These are 15% discount scholarships):
1. National and International Dancers:
These scholarships are granted through a direct invitation to people from different countries so that they can share and live the experience of the festival. The selection is made by the director of the festival during meetings and at schools and festivals that are partners and share the profile of the event.
2. Invited artists:
People selected on other training platforms that partner ATLAS and maintain a permanent collaboration with the Festival.
3. Cultural Institutions:
ATLAS creates aliances with goverment cultural institutions in Mexico to offer 50% or 100% scholarships for the festival. We invite you to check our actual calls for this edition.
How do I register?
1. First payment - partial reservation: Reserve your spot as a participant by covering a partial fee of $2,000.00 MXN (125 USD approx.) Click here to make your reservation payment.
2. Enter the following link and fill in the Registration form.
3. You will receive via email the confirmation for your inscription within
4. Second payment - definitive reservation: Make your definitive inscription payment for $8,000.00 MXN (500 USD approx.) during any of the following time periods:
January 01 to 15, 2024.
April 01 to 15, 2024.
August 01 to 15, 2024.
December 01 to 15, 2024.
5. Third payment: Make the third payment of your fee with an amount of $13,900.00 MXN (870 USD approx.) in cash on the day of your arrival to ATLAS on April 13, 2025.
When can I register?
The registration period is open from the publication of the call until the quota of participants is completed.
What happens if I can't fulfill my payment by the deadline?
Unfortunately, we will not be able to keep your spot and it will be designated to another participant. If you still want to register, you will have to start the registration process again from step 1.
I have already paid and I will not be able to attend the Festival. What can I do?
Due to the organization's policies, the Festival cannot make refunds. If you can't attend, you must communicate it via email and we will offer you the following options:
Transfer your spot to a new participant: If you know someone who can take your spot, we can transfer the first registration payment to this new participant. To confirm this exchange, you are required to send an email indicating who you want to give your spot to and the interested party must fill out the registration form to validate their profile and proceed to do the change.
• The organization of the festival cannot look for alternate participants, so the interested party is the one who has to find the candidate to replace it.
• The maximum period to notify that you will not be able to attend the Festival is 3 weeks before the event. If after this date you are unable to attend, unfortunately your spot will be lost without the possibility of refund or transfer to another person.
Who covers my travel expenses?
The organization is only responsible for the terms established in the call, any expenses other than the list are covered by the participant (international transportation, domestic transportation, visas, permits, insurance, internal transfers, covid tests, etc.)
Remember that during the weekends, the festival does not cover food or transportation to the city of Guanajuato.
What language are the workshops held in?
All the classes of the festival are taught in English.
If the teacher speaks Spanish, it will be up to them to teach the class in the language they prefer.
There will be a staff team that, if approved and/or directed by the teacher, can help with a simultaneous translation of the class.
Can I take only 1 week of training?
No. The festival is designed to deepen on specific research and practices during the full two-week program (10 hours per day for 15 days).
Is it necessary to have a specific level of training to take ATLAS?
Knowledge of advanced bodily practices is required.
The call is directed to Dancers, Circus Artists and Physical Actors interested in body practices, training and movement technologies.
Recommendations on Health Insurance
ATLAS is not responsible for any injuries that occur during training, it is recommended to have an insurance policy in case of accidents.
How do I get ready to go to ATLAS?
The event is designed as an intensive training experience with long days of work, so we recommend that you be physically prepared at certain level to be able to perform well at the event.
Can I attend if I have previous injuries?
Due to the physical rigor involved in the Festival, we suggest consulting with a specialist, since undergoing such an intensive training experience with an underlying injury can be risky for your health.
Which airport do you recommend me to fly to to get to ATLAS?
• Bajío: Bajío airport is the closest to ATLAS premises since it is located approximately 30 minutes away. If you fly to this airport, we have transportation from the festival at specific times to get you to the venue.
• Mexico City (Benito Juárez): It is the most important airport in the country, it is a good option to fly to if you come from another country, however to get to Guanajuato from there have to either fly or travel by commercial bus.
Which ground terminal do you recommend me to travel to?
If you are traveling by bus, we recommend you arrive at the Guanajuato Bus Station since it is the closest and we also have transportation to the venue at specific times.
Is there connectivity - internet/phone signal at the venue?
As you know, the event takes place in the mountains away from any distractions of the city, so internet/phone signal is almost non-existent. The telephone companies that have reception (very low, almost zero) are Telcel and AT&T.
Are there options to buy food at the venue?
The headquarters has a cafeteria outside the event where you can get simple snacks and drinks. (Payment in cash in small denominations).
ATLAS / Scene
When is the call open?
Who is it aimed at?
Performers, Groups, Collectives and Companies of Contemporary Performing Arts
How can I be programmed?
1. Through a call for applications
2. Artists, companies and groups selected directly through allied platforms and international scenic markets
What happens in case of cancellation?
ATLAS is a formal event organized and produced by Fabrica Escena S.C
In case of facing an event of forcé majeure (natural disaster, a pandemic, or a political conflict etc) the organization has the right to make the relevant decisión prioritizing the safety of the participants.